Thursday, February 20, 2014

A Gallery of Personality

So.....the bedroom reveal that didn't happen last week is still not happening today. Let's just say that it's 99.9% done or, in other words, all we need to do is hang a single hook in the ceiling and the final piece of the puzzle can be put into place. Unfortunately, we have been a little distracted to get that done. So, as a consolation prize I am here to show you the gallery wall that I actually was able to get completed recently. This blank, white wall was begging for some fun and colorful artwork. My favorite thing about this is how personalized it is. The only thing that we actually purchased (minus the frames of course) is the butterfly print from Ikea. Two of these pieces we made awhile back. You can read about them here and here. Audrey painted the large A at a friend's birthday and everything else is new to the party.
 

I am constantly in awe of my creative little girl. I gave her a canvas, some bottles of acrylic paint, and a paintbrush and this is what she came up with! To my amazement she didn't even use the brush end of the the paintbrush. She turned it around and used the plastic tip to make these dots. It is perfect in every way! Looking at it in this picture I am realizing that I need to have her sign it. All true artists sign there work. Am I right?

 
The silhouette was another DIY. I have done silhouettes in the past, but I think they are beyond cute when the girl's hair is up in a ponytail. So, I followed the same steps as before and mounted it on some inexpensive gift wrap. I also added a little strip of washi tape as her hair accessory.
 

These last two pieces were made from some of Audrey's old t-shirts. She still cherishes the moment that she found out she was going to be a big sister. This was one of her shirts we got her before Will arrived and it bummed her out when it no longer fit. Now, she proudly displays it on her wall.

 
These bird appliques are also from one of my favorite shirts that Audrey wore as a toddler. How I miss those days!


Thank you for bearing with me as we put the finishing touches on this room. It has taken awhile but I am really excited with how it turned out. I am so pumped to share it with you. Now, who wants to hang a ceiling hook for me? Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...