Tuesday, May 29, 2012

The Perfect Masterpiece

I admit that I am terrible when it comes to decorating with art. I pretty much have nothing on our walls. Just a few framed photographs. It's sad because I actually love art and I think it can really pull a room together. For that reason, I have vowed to not neglect the walls in our new home.

Like many things for the home, art can be extremely pricey but it doesn't have to be. I recently asked my 4-year-old daughter what color she wanted her bedroom to be painted. She told me rainbow! Since I'm not sure I want to commit to that with the wall color, I had another idea...

I picked up a white canvas at Hobby Lobby. I used a 40% off coupon that is almost always available on their website. I was able to get a two-pack for about $5.00 (saving one for a future project). As soon as we got it home, Audrey couldn't wait to start painting a rainbow for her bedroom. I helped her draw the lines lightly with pencil and she was ready to pick up a brush and start painting! She did a beautiful job and I can't wait to see it hanging in her room.

Audrey is so proud of her piece. She told me that she was a "real" artist and that melted my heart. Teaching kindergarten for the past two years has taught me that young children possess amazing creativity and I want my own children to discover it within themselves. I plan to let my little artist create many more pieces which we will proudly display in our home.


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...