Thursday, June 13, 2013

Books on Display

We LOVE books in this house! One of my favorite things is to see my kids with a book in their hands. So, I knew that our playroom needed to have lots and lots of books. I also wanted them to be displayed in a prominent way and be easily accessed by both of the kids. And, after a trip to Ikea for some picture ledge shelves we now have this going on in our playroom! I just love it!

 
We thought to the left of the big shelf was the perfect place to create a little reading nook. I also added a little seating area in the form of a black mid-century style chair and a sheepskin rug.


I originally bought four of these chairs to use as our dining chairs. I love mid-century style and these were a great deal on Overstock. But when I saw them with our table, I just didn't love them. They were also a little small for my tall husband to sit in everyday. So, two of them went back and I decided to put one in here. It's always nice to have a place for adults to sit in a play area. I love how the sheepskin rug immediately cozies up the place.
 
I
 
So, those are the latest additions to the playroom. It's funny how just a few little things can immediately take a room from feeling "in progress" to "almost there". I didn't expect this room to be the first one that I focus on but that is just the way the cards fell. It makes sense, though, because this room is in the same area as our kitchen and dining room. The space has instantly become the the hub of our family where we spend most of our time. So, it just made sense for this room to get a little TLC first. Of course, I still have a few more projects for this room; which we will hopefully get to next week. Thanks for checking in!









Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...