Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Our Dining Area

There wasn't a whole lot of stuff happening around here this past weekend -- wait a minute --I take that back. There just wasn't a whole lot of house stuff going on. Rather than working on the million things that still need to be done around here, we decided to just enjoy our new home. It was so much fun having some friends and family come over and check out our new digs for the first time. We also had a great time celebrating my wonderful husband on Father's Day. My kids and I are so lucky to have such an amazing man to love us! So...since we were busy enjoying our new home instead of working on it I don't have any major updates for ya. I thought, instead, I would give you a quick peek of our dining area as it is looking today. Remember the table that I cursed at painted white from this post? Well, it is feeling right at home now in our dining nook.


Our dining area is in a large room that is also home to the kitchen and playroom. We have really enjoyed this entire area and the dining spot is no exception. In our old house the table was smaller but since adding two of the removable inserts, it is the perfect size for our family. We have four place settings going on right now but that could easily be converted to six for when we have guests. We picked up some black chairs at Ikea. I liked that they had clean lines and the contrast of color with the white table. Aaron liked that they were tall and sturdy. And, we both liked the they were pretty easy on our wallet.


Style wise I've kept everything pretty simple right now. I am definitely hoping to achieve a nice mixture of modern, industrial, and rustic in this room. In the center I've added this lantern because it felt industrial and rustic at the same time.


The black chairs and white table definitely give it that modern vibe. I also chose some place mats that added a little color and texture.



I'm sure I will add and tweak things down the road. That wall is definitely begging for some some art and accessories.



Oh, and you might be wondering where Will sits. I converted his high chair to a booster seat so he gets to sit up here at the table with the rest of us.
 

 He's been loving that and I've considered buying him a little chair like the one shown here from Ikea.
                 INGOLF Junior chair IKEA Gives the right seat height for the child at the dining table.
                  
I could even paint it black to match the rest of our chairs and I would definitely have to find a way to add a belt. Does anyone have any experience with this type of chair? Have you been happy with it, thus far?
 
Seeing our dining nook the way to is has helped us come to the realization that we may not need a formal dining room. I always just assumed I would have one but I really don't think we would use it very often. So, I'm playing around with some other ideas for my front room that is currently sitting empty. I think I smell a mood board in the works....
 
I hope everyone has a great week! As always, thanks for stopping by! 
  Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...