Thursday, June 20, 2013

Home Library...One Day

Home Library

Home Library by farrisej on Polyvore

 
 
I told you a mood board was on the horizon and here it is! I debated even doing this, yet, because I  have a feeling that creating this room is a long way off. When I don't have time to actually work on any projects; however, I love to dream up what I hope to do one day. When did summer become so busy? I feel like this always happens! I've actually been taking classes the past couple of days and Audrey had her first sleepover so that pretty much answers my question.
 
As I mentioned in my last post, I don't think we are going to use our "dining room" as an actual dining room. So, in its place I would love to create a home library. Just a place to dedicated to our love of reading! I want the space to have a calm and relaxed vibe hence all of the light neutrals but allow me to elaborate on what I am thinking dreaming for this room.
 
Before I do that, though, let me remind you what this room looks like....


A nice clean slate. Wouldn't you agree? It pretty much looks exactly like this right now except for Audrey's foam hopscotch and a few other games that have trickled in for the time being. Now,  let's talk details of my dream library, shall we.
 
Of course, the main piece for this room has to be the bookshelves and I just love this one. I would like to custom build something like this on the back wall of the room. And, is anyone else as in love with sliding ladders like I am? I think that I've wanted one ever since I saw Beauty and the Beast for the first time. Do you know what I'm talking about? Anyways, the problem is that having one is completely impractical with having a toddler in the house right now. So, it's definitely a dream that will have to wait a little while.  

library ladder

I have admired this rug from West Elm for a long time and I think it would be perfect for this space. I just think it has a cozy feel to it.

 

And, since we're talking West Elm; can we talk about these two amazing pieces? I love mid century design and I need this desk and chair (not the chair in the first picture but the second upholstered one). We don't have an office space right now and I would love this room to serve that purpose in addition to a library. The problem is that West Elm is never inexpensive so I'll either have to save up for a while or find something similar at a cheaper pricepoint.
 
 



I also want to create a little sitting area in this room. I am considering snatching some chairs from my parents' basement and updating them. They have a mid century vibe with light wood and box cushions. Similar to this...



 I thought painting them yellow and adding grey fabric could be one option like the chair below. I have also thought about going white or charcoal gray with yellow fabric. So, many options! What do you suggest?
 


As for accessories, I would love to make some floor cushions so that the kids also want to use this space for reading. I am definitely inspired by these from Etsy.
 
Set of Two Comfy Floor Pillow 17x15x4.   Inserts included.

I also like this pillow because it added just a touch of color without being too much.

And, wouldn't this art piece be perfect for the space? I'm thinking I might be able to DIY this with an overhead.



And, that is my dream room in a nutshell. I can't say that we will even begin on this room anytime soon because there are definitely other areas we need to focus on and pieces with need to save up for that are more important like our living room. Until then, I'll keep dreaming and try to be patient. It's sometimes hard to take my time with decorating but I'm trying to remember that if we take our time it will be exactly what we want.

Anyone else dreaming up a room in their home that isn't actually going to happen right away? Maybe it's a craft room or closet or an outdoor space. I would love to hear what you have in mind!

**If I did it correctly, you should be able to click on each picture to get the source of the pieces in this post.
 
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...