Tuesday, July 10, 2012

DIY Bow Clutch: Pinterest Challenge

This week I'm participating in the Pinterest Challenge hosted by Sherry at Young House Love and Katie at Bower Power. The basic premise of this challenge is to stop pinning and start doing, which is exactly what I did.

In my quest to add a little style to my wardrobe, I chose to recreate this adorable clutch that I found on Elm Street Life. It was at the top of a long list of DIY tutorials that I pinned. Here you can find the complete tutorial.


I wanted my clutch to pop but resisted the urge to use coral with which I've developed a bit of an obsession. So, I narrowed it down to green or yellow and let Audrey (my 4-year-old daughter) make the ultimate decision. Love her choice! I also picked a fun fabric for the lining because I love when bags have an unexpected lining.

I did document the whole thing but it was dark and my pics aren't very good. I would suggest following the original tutorial if you want to try this yourself. It took me about three hours to make which wasn't bad considering I was interrupted about 5 times by a 3-month old who decided it wasn't quite time for him to go to bed.

So...how about a before and after pic. From this...



To this...




My sewing machine and I are becoming quite good friends these days. Now I just need to go somewhere sans diaper bag so I can use my new clutch.

Pin It

3 comments:

  1. How adorable is this!? I love it. I think that green and blue is one of my favorite color combos. But I can't disagree with your feelings on coral! :D Great post! (I came over from the pinterest challenge!)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...