Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Another Milestone and Keepsake Boxes

I am so behind in writing posts that I've had several of them on the back burner for about a month now. I'm still trying to find my blogging rhythm now that we're back in school. Hopefully, I'll get there eventually but I knew that I couldn't let too much time pass by before posting this one.
 
Just a few weeks ago our sweet little Audrey started Kindergarten. Although Audrey has been in preschool for the past two years, there was something very different about her starting school this year. It just felt like such a huge milestone. She is suddenly so big. That little baby face of two years ago is gone and in its place is this sweet, happy smile of a big kid -- so smart and so ready to tackle all that lies ahead.
 

 
This is not the face of someone who doesn't love going to school!



Feeling nostalgic, I decided to go through some of Audrey's preschool artwork and while I was at it I did a little organizing. Please forgive my pictures. It was dark and my camera doesn't love closeups.  

I'm pretty sure the first concrete thing Audrey every drew or painted was a rainbow. Here is one that she made when she was three.

 
And, once she had that down it was all about flowers and rainbows.  


I have always loved this abstract looking flower and plan to one day hang it in her room.



And, anyone who has ever said that scribbling isn't art hasn't seen this. So fun! Am I right?



These next two pieces were featured in Audrey's preschool art show last year.



 This one turned out super cool, as well. I swear I just saw something like this on Etsy. Maybe Audrey should open up her own shop. : )

 
To get things organized, I picked up a couple of cardboard boxes from Ikea. I made dividers with  the year and her age. Clearly, I outdid myself here. I know you can't handle the fanciness.
 


Big items like the above dinosaur will be stored in this little portfolio that Audrey got for Christmas a few years ago.


And, just like that we have some quick and easy keepsake boxes for Audrey's artwork. One box holds all of her preschool stuff and a few things that she made as a toddler. The second box is for all the new treasures that she creates as a Kindergartner. I'm thinking about eventually scanning some of her stuff and creating a photo book. It may even be a perfect Christmas gift for her. I love my girl and I hope that one day she enjoys looking back and remembering who she was when she was still so little.


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...