Thursday, May 17, 2012

Life is...amazing!

My family and I are definitely living the charmed life right now and we are so thankful for all that we have and all that is yet to come. Six weeks ago my husband and I welcomed our new son, William. There is nothing like having a new baby to help you realize how good life is. Four-year-old big sis, Audrey, has been on cloud nine, as well. She loves her new brother to death. So much, in fact, that I often have to shield him from her unrelenting hugs and kisses.

But that's not all...

We are also in the process of building our dream home. We have been talking about and planning this adventure since before my husband, Aaron, and I were married six years ago. Actually, we've been dreaming about it since we began dating 12 years ago. That's right! I married my high school sweetheart and 12 years later, we have two children and are finally realizing a dream we made so long ago. When I say dream home, I am talking about a 3-bedroom, 2.5 bath ranch situated on a wooded 3.5-acre lot. Nothing extravagant...just a perfect, cozy family home in which we will raise our children (and our 3 dogs), entertain our friends and family, and one day grow old together.

The blueprints to our home are being finalized. My husband and my father-in-law are clearing our land and dig day is just weeks away. I am beyond excited! Fortunately, I am currently on maternity leave from my job as a Kindergarten teacher (miss you kiddos!), which means that when I'm not changing diapers, feeding Will, playing dress-up, doing puzzles, or going to the park; I am researching everything and anything that has to do with decorating and furnishing my new home. I am addicted to HGTV where I am getting so much inspiration. My fave designers are Emily Henderson, Sabrina Soto, and David Bromstad. I love, love, love their work and I am hoping to make them proud as I create the spaces in my home. But, more on that later.

Right now, we are here...






In this place, I will be documenting this amazing journey one step at a time. Dreams do come true! Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...