Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Book Pages + Washi Tape = Art that Rocks

 
 

 
 If there is one thing that gets in the way of me cranking out projects around here, motivation takes the cake. Especially, when (as I alluded to in my last post) I have to run errands in freezing cold weather to get things done. Ugh! I showed you bits and pieces of Audrey's room on Tuesday but what I didn't show you is the other side of the room filled with projects left undone. Imagine frames to be filled and hung, books to be organized, along with several other odds and ends that I've been collecting for her room makeover. What I've needed is a major kick in the pants to get things done. So, I have to give a major shout out to Mandi of Vintage Revivals for dreaming up the Rock What Ya Got party! You can find all of the details here but basically she is asking us to to create a new project that has been lingering on our to-do list and taking up real estate in our garages, basements, closets, and in my case Audrey's floor. It sounded like fun so I decided to play along.

A major item on my to-do list is hanging art in Audrey's room. For Christmas, we got her this super sweet book about Audrey Hepburn called Just Being Audrey by Margaret Cardillo.

 
For the record, Audrey isn't named after Audrey Hepburn. We just loved the name and I also happen to love Audrey Hepburn. We can't get enough of  this book. It's a great story about Hepburn's life with the theme of embracing who we are. I adore the illustrations by Julia Denos, which gets me to the project at hand. I printed out some of our favorite illustrations from the book with plans to frame them.



Since, my much-needed Ikea trip (for frames etc.) still hasn't happened I decided to think outside of the box in order to get this project checked off of my to-do list.

Hello, washi tape frames!!! I have seen some inspiring images of these frames floating around the blog world lately . So, I used some tape that I recently picked up at Hobby Lobby and got to work. I trimmed the photos, played around with an arrangement on the floor, but then just started hanging and taping.

 
I probably should have used a level and a ruler but I wasn't in the mood so I just eyeballed it. They aren't perfect but I think that is the beauty of hanging art with washi tape. They are imperfect but fun and whimsical and definitely help jazz up Audrey's white walls.



So, I hope you enjoyed this crafty little project. Be sure to check out Vintage Revivals to see what other people are "rockin" this month and, as always, thanks for visiting Inspired Adventures!

Pin It

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...