Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Pretty Words

When it comes to inspiration for the home, you can't go wrong by browsing Anthropologie. Lately, I have been lusting after this gorgeous chandelier.


Check out the closeup view...


I love, love, love everything about it except for its $998 price tag. That is close to half of our entire lighting allowance for our new home. Nonetheless, I am inspired and one day I will attempt to recreate this piece. Until then, I thought I would practice the book page treatment on a mirror that I want to put in the powder room of the new place.



You may recognize this from my previous post about things in the home that need a face lift. I began by taking the glass out and wiping the whole thing down with a damp cloth.

I found this vintage book at a local used bookstore for a whopping 25 cents! The pages were slightly aged which is exactly the look that I wanted.



I pulled out the pages and cut them out, like so, to make the edges nice and pretty.


I then began attaching them to the frame with spray adhesive. I wasn't worried about it looking perfect. I alternated the direction of the print and overlapped the pages. Here it is with all the pages attached.



The next step was to brush the entire thing with Mod Podge.


Once dried, I put the glass back in and now she is ready to hang.


This was a super, fun project. I love books and words and now they will be displayed in a cool, funky way in our home. I am definitely going to keep my eyes open for the perfect vintage chandelier so that I can try it again!

Pin It

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...