Tuesday, June 19, 2012

A Little Fun in the Powder Room

I have become a little addicted to doing projects for the home. My hubby likes to make fun of me and conveniently remind me that our new house isn't even built yet. To me, that is a minor detail. It will be done one day and I intend to use this time that I have off work very wisely...

I've continued my compulsion by giving new life to this cute little table. We have been using it as a place to house our phone but we plan to use it in our new powder room. I want my powder room to have a fun, funky look. I feel like it's one of those places where you can experiment because it's a small space and easy to change.


I chose to paint the table white. I sanded it down a little, primed, and sprayed painted with a Rustoleum paint.




Once it was good and dry, I added some pieces of scrapbook paper to give it a little pop. I applied them with spray adhesive and then went over them with Mod Podge. Don't ask me why the bottom piece decided to wrinkle a little. Maybe it wasn't dry enough. I tend to be a little impatient with the drying process.


It's still cute and I plan to style it with a pretty candle, a framed picture, and perhaps a cylindrical glass case to hold extra toilet paper.

I'm excited to see it together with the mirror I did in my previous post and a bright, fun color on the walls.

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...