Thursday, June 21, 2012

Sylist to the Dolls

This post is for all of you that have little girls who love dolls. Audrey has more dolls than one girl really needs but she absolutely loves them. She plays with them constantly and they usually end up looking like this...


Basically, they are a hot mess because of their hair. It drives me crazy! Brushing it is a pain  and usually creates a poof of static. So, I decided to do a little research on this topic and this is what I found out. First, you really need to use a wig brush or a brush especially made for doll's hair. I used this one that we got at American Girl. Of course, the people there insisted that it was the only brush that we should brush her hair with so I was suckered into spending the extra $8.00. Turns out, it was worth it. The metal bristles make a huge difference. 



My real secret weapon, however, is a spray solution that I made from water and fabric softener. Who knew? I filled a spray bottle with about 1 tablespoon of the softener and the rest water and gave it a good shake. It makes the hair so much easier to brush and amazingly doesn't make the hair yucky or greasy. Here are the girls again looking sleek and stylish.


Never again, will Audrey and I brush their hair without our new "magic" hair spray!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...