Thursday, June 28, 2012

Frame Collage

Welcome to part two of my frame project. In my last post, I showed you how I painted some inexpensive wood plaques from Hobby Lobby that I planned to use as picture frames. Here's what I did once the paint dried...

I trimmed my pictures to be the correct size for each frame. Then, I used Mod Podge to attach them to my plaques. I put a layer on the back of the photo to adhere it to the wood. Then, I went over the front of the photo to seal and protect it. I know this sounds scary but I promise it works really well. Of course, it does mean that the photos are permanenaly attached to the frame but since I got my pics from Snapfish; I always have access to the same prints. I used a sponge brush to apply the Mod Podge. It goes on cloudy but don't worry, it does dry clear. Just look at this little sweetie!


I did this with all of my newly created wood frames and then decided that I needed a couple more frames to round out my collage. I already owned the blue frames (see below) so I decided to use them. They added some much needed texture to the overall look. Once everything was dry and ready to go, I had to figure out how I was going to get them up on my wall. I originally planned to attach wires or hooks to the frames but while I was at the store I came across these 3M Command strips for picture hanging. I have never used them before but thought it was worth a try as it would save me a little time and I wouldn't have to deal with the hassle of centering hooks and nailing holes.



Not to mention, my blue frames looked like this on the back and weren't originally made to hang on the wall.



I laid all of my pictures out on my table to plan out how I wanted the collage to look. Then I wiped down my wall and the back of the frames before attaching the strips.


Here is the finished product hanging in my living room! I will let you know how the strips work. I'm a little worried that I'm going to wake up tomorrow morning and find half of them on the ground. Aaron thinks I need more pictures and I completely agree with him. This is, at least the start to a collage that can grow over time and will be perfect for the entryway in our new home.


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...