Thursday, October 18, 2012

Pay It Forward Challenge

Something pretty incredible happened to me the other day. I was at the grocery store with both kids in tow quickly grabbing a few groceries before going out to dinner for my sister's birthday. I was in such a rush to get out the door that I completely forgot to switch my wallet from my school bag to the diaper bag. Needless to say, I got to the checkout lane once everything had been scanned and realized that I had no way to pay for my groceries. Ugh! A sweet lady must have seen the frustration on my face becuase she came over and asked if I needed help. I told her no and that I just needed to call my husband to bring my wallet. She immediately told me not to worry about it and that she would take care of it for me. I, of course, insisted that I didn't need her to do that but before I could get another word in she had swiped her credit card and paid for my $60 grocery bill! I was in awe! I couldn't thank her enough. She wouldn't accept anything in return. Rather, she simply asked that I do it for somebody else sometime. She said this must have been the reason she came to the grocery store that day. Amazing!

While this was all going down, all I could think about was little Sophia Smallwood. Sophia is my friend's neice and October 9th would have been her 2nd birthday. During her much too short 40 days on earth she made a huge impact on the lives of her parents, her family, and so many others. To celebrate the life of their daughter, her parents have begun Sophia's Team and Sophia's 40 Day Pay It Forward Challenge. Please follow the links to learn more about the challenge and Sophia's incredible story.

I hope that you accept the challenge to pay it forward in honor of Sophia. It can be anything big or small. As her Aunt Liz explained so well on her blog, "Sophia's mom and dad want to live out their daughter's life, a life measured in moments, and spread kindness in her memory." Feel free to share how you are paying it forward here on my blog, Liz' blog, and/or on the Sophia's Team Facebook page. Thank you for accepting this beautiful challenge!





Pin It

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...