Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Living Room Inspiration

 The progress of our home is moving at a snail's pace at the moment for various reasons. I am keeping my fingers crossed that we will be in before Christmas but at this point I'm not getting my hopes up. In the meantime, I will be putting some serious thought into the design of each room in our home. I've decided to create mood boards of each room that will serve as inspiration as I shop.

Our living room will serve as a cozy place for us to kick back, watch TV, read, and spend time as a family. At the same time, this room is open to the foyer and dining room so I want it to look pretty and polished. Here's what I'm thinking, so far...

I want a grey chaise sectional and I really like this one from CB2 because you can switch the side that the chaise is on. That way, I won't be limited to a particular setup.

I will be keeping the main look pretty neutral with grey, white, and navy which will look great up against the dark, wood floors. I'm hoping to add in some natural textures in the rug and accents like the basket below. Finally, I want to add some pops of color with turquoise and yellow accents.

We will have built-in shelves in this room and I love the idea of using a graphic wallpaper like the blue and white one below behind the shelves. This may be a down the road project, though.

I can't wait to get down to business and begin some serious shopping! Check back soon to see my next room inspiration.






 

 
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...