Thursday, April 4, 2013

Somebody is Turning One!

Our sweet little Will turns one today! How crazy is that? How does a year fly by so quickly? We're having his party next weekend so I've been doing a little party prep this week. I thought I would bring you  a few sneak peeks of what I have planned.
 
After a lot of debating I settled on a photography theme. I've been able to capture so many amazing moments in Will's life this year so why not make all of those memories the highlight of his party? This idea literally came to me out of the blue while I was working on invites for a "storybook" party. That's right! I completely jumped ship and went another route. Call me crazy! I always make my own invitation so it wasn't much of an inconvenience to just switch things around a bit. Here is what I came up with the second time around.
 
 
I cropped off my information but the rest of the invite simply lists the usual stuff like when, where, etc. I'm sure  you get the idea. I simply create my invitations in a Word document and print them onto cardstock. I also glued the cardstock to a piece of scrapbook paper to make a border. I do love the way they turned out. I used three different colors as you can see below.
 
 
Do you like my Polaroid picture effect? I thought it tied in well with the topic of this post. I picked up the little camera stamp from Hobby Lobby. Isn't it adorable? I plan to use it to stamp favor cards and other decorations.
 
I'm also working on a photo project of Will's monthly picture. So far, I've printed the Instagram version of each month. I'm considering mounting them on scrapbook paper but I haven't decided exactly, yet. Don't you love how indecisive I am? It's a problem! What do you think? Just photo or photo with scrapbook paper?
 
 
 
I bought this entire pack of scrapbook paper mainly because of this one page. Isn't it perfect? If I decide not to use it with the photos, I will definitely have to incorporate it some other way.
 
 
 
Well, that is all I have for ya today. It makes me realize how much more I still need to get done. Luckily, I do have Will's outfit all picked out. I found this adorable shirt while flipping through a Mini Boden catalogue. I knew that I (I mean Will) had to have it!
 
image via www.miniboden.com
 
 I will be sure to fill you in on more of the details later on. Today, though, I'll be having fun celebrating our wonderful little guy. He is so amazing and I'm so proud to be his mom. I have loved every minute of our adventures with him. It has been incredible watching the relationship between he and Audrey grow. They are pretty much inseparable.
 
Happy 1st Birthday to our sweet little boy!
 
 
 
 

Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Adorable! Love those invites. Hope he has a fantastic birthday

    Britt @ Creating Space for Five

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...