Thursday, April 11, 2013

Teeny, Tiny Baby Steps

There have been a lot of these happening around here, lately. Most of them by Will who decided as soon as he turned one that he needed to start walking in full force. I took a few baby steps of my own this week in the new house. Where do you start when decorating an entire house from scratch? My answer -- a bathroom! It's small and easily managed.

Audrey and Will received a few items for their shared bathroom for Christmas that I went ahead and added to their space. All of these items are from Urban Outfitters. This happy rug has the perfect colors in it. It incorporates the wall color of the bathroom, as well as, the colors of both of their bedrooms, which if you can't tell are adjoining. since their bathroom is a Jack 'n Jill style. I think Will approves of his new rug! He kept walking across it and then crawling back.


 
Here is a closeup for ya. Just look at those little feet!

 
For the shower curtain, I chose I neutral gray to balance out all of the bright colors but went with a bold pattern.
 
 
I think my favorite piece, though, has to be this adorable ceramic elephant. It's actually a toothbrush holder. I can't stand how cute it is perched on their vanity.
 
 

 
That's it, though. Just a few small baby steps in the process of making a house a home. I don't feel like there is too much more to do in this room. I want to find some fun towels and hang some art but I like the idea of it being minimal and clean. Thanks for stopping by!



 
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...