Wednesday, October 23, 2013

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like...Fall!

Aren't you glad that I didn't say Christmas? I don't know about you but I prefer to live one season, one holiday at a time. It pains me to see all the stores decked out with Christmas decor already. Especially since I am just now getting around to adding some autumn touches to our home.
 
The other day, I took the kids to the park to go on a leaf/pine cone hunt.We spent that evening getting our craft on with our new found treasures. We decided to simply add some paint to the tips of the pine cones and to the veins of the leaves. We chose a color palette of gold, white, and mint green but Audrey insisted we add some pink, too.
 
 
Pretty, huh?
 
 
We didn't stop there! We tied the pine cones together with string and hung them on the front door, which by the way is finally painted! Thank you, Dad!!! 
 
 
I hot glued the leaves to the same string and hung them from the mantle in the living room.
 
 
I just love it! And, it was pretty much the easiest project ever!
 
 
As you can see, I added a few other fall touches to the fireplace area. I switched the photos in the frames from some summer pics to these. I can't believe how small Will looks in these pictures. It was just a year ago!
 
 
I also filled a decorative box with some dried plants that I picked up in Hobby Lobby's floral area.

 
 By far my favorite Fall-themed thing happening in our house right now is this white pumpkin that I Sharpied. Yes, I used a Sharpie marker to color each of those black triangles. I was so consumed by my coloring that I didn't even think to take pictures of the process. Just know that I went through about three markers doing this. So, I probably should have just painted them but, hey, you live and learn! If this area of our house seems unfamiliar to you, it's because I have a little revealing to catch up on. Stay tuned for that!
 
 
 
 I love this time of year and all these little touches really help bring the outdoors in. If you need me, you can find me curled up on the couch cuddling with the kids or with a cup coffee in hand especially now that cool weather has officially make its appearance around here.
 


 

 

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...