Thursday, October 3, 2013

House Tour: Five Months In

 
Wow, we've been in our new place since May! It definitely feels like home now. I'm pretty sure we've mastered most of the light switches, become accustom to the sounds the house makes at night, and we've each found our favorite chill spots. It's getting to the point where we couldn't imagine calling any other place home. We truly love it here!

I got to thinking that the last time I showed you around the whole place was when the final coats of paint were drying and it was still an empty shell of a home. I think I've been delaying on doing an official house tour until there was a little less emptiness going on around here. Then, I realized that after five months it is what it is. We will add to the decor and tackle projects little bit by little bit. We will also go weeks without doing a single thing other than to just live here and enjoy our home. To be perfectly honest with you, that's mostly all we've been doing since late summer. My hope is that five more months from now most of these photos will be before photos. If I could just get school to calm down, I could give our place the attention it deserves. Until then, sit back, and enjoy the picture show!

Let's start with a room that you know well. Our playroom has definitely been shown the most love since we moved in. This room makes me smile! I still love watching the kids play here,.


 
Our dining area looks practically the same as it did when I first hared this area but I have switched out the lantern for a different centerpiece.
 
 
The kitchen is one of the rooms in our house that we have done practically nothing to. Other than add a few things to the counters, it looks practically the exact same as the day we moved in. I have some big plans for this room, though. A tile back splash is at the top of that list!
 

 
The future library is still affectionately known as the "empty room." I did manage to pick out a rug for this space. I found a steal of a deal on a natural jute rug from Rugs USA. Will's dancing bear loves the rug!

 
 
 
The foyer is just sad, so sad! Yikes! This is not what an entry should look like! I have been searching for the perfect table to put in place of the chest. Not really sure how the toy chest ended up there. Just did and I keep meaning to hang that picture in the master bathroom. It's been there so long I don't even see it anymore.
 
 
I have shared the living room before and it is actually in the process of getting a little TLC. I am so, so excited to share some updates in upcoming posts!



 
All of the bedrooms in our house need some help. It is so easy to put a bedroom on the back-burner because it is just so darn easy to close the door and forget all about it. Audrey loves her room the way it is but her mom thinks it could be so much better. I keep holding out for the perfect vintage desk/vanity.
 




 
 
 Will's room needs help, too! A lot of help! Just like Audrey, though, he is perfectly happy in his room just the way it is.
 





Our bedroom is barely worth sharing. I woud love to change up our bedroom furniture but we're just not making that a prioritiy right now. As you can see, we are also in desperate need of a plan to organize our office stuff.




 
Last but not least, here is the laundry room/mudroom. It's not bad in here but it could use a little more organization and a few more "pretty" moments.
 



Thanks for tagging along. My hope is that the next house tour includes a few more finished spaces. Time to get busy! Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...