Thursday, October 31, 2013

Filling the Empty Space One Wall at a Time



The space above our sofa in our living room has been sad and empty for months now. See? This gives you can idea of what we've been living with. I know you can't see the whole thing in this picture but that was one big, blank wall. I always imagined putting a large piece of art or a gallery wall of random things here.
 

In the end, though, I decided to keep things a little more personal with a few Instagram pics of the kids. I loved what Young House Love did above their couch in their old house.

http://www.younghouselove.com/2013/01/getting-personal/
Image via www.younghouselove.com
                
 I decided we needed our own Instagram gallery so off to Ikea I went to pick up the same Ribba frames that they used. Seeing the frames in real life was completely different than seeing them on a computer screen. They are huge at 20x20 inches! So, I decided that three frames would do the trick. I printed the pictures myself because I was too impatient to wait for prints to be made. I chose one of each of the kids and one of the both of them playing together. It is actually a super sweet picture of Audrey teaching Will how to do something. It is one of my favorites for sure! The prints turned out a lot better than I expected for an at-home job. The space inside the mat is 11x11 so I printed 8x8 pictures. I mounted the pictures on top of some fun, patterned gift wrap from Target's dollar section that I picked up awhile ago. Once framed, it was time to get them up on the wall.



Centered on the wall seemed like the best way to hang these. I wanted to keep them clear of the annoying vent thing that is on this wall but also high enough that Will can't reach them when standing on the couch. I used my painter's tape trick to make sure that they were evenly spaced and level.



It is so nice to have that empty space covered with our two favorite people. Have a safe and Happy Halloween!

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...