Tuesday, October 8, 2013

A Mantle Tweak

Consider this your official sneak peek into some exciting changes happening in our living room. My main goal has been to "cozy it up" in here but I plan to also "fall it up" a little bit, as well. I know we are well into October and most people have probably had their fall decor make an appearance long before now but that is just not how  I work, friends. With me, everything is last minute...
 
So, today I'm starting with a very small tweak to our mantle which, to me, makes our living room cozier and more fall-like all at once.Before we dive in, let me remind you what our mantle looked like before.
 
 
And, here is the after shot for ya. It's almost like one of those games in a kid's magazine where you have to figure out what has changed.
 
 
Well, time's up! It's the vase! I like the clear vase but when there weren't any flowers in it it pretty much faded into the wall. I decided I really wanted something more substantial and I stumbled across this wooden vase. Hello! It is made out of twigs. It was meant to be mine! I threw in a few faux flowers and wam bam my mantle has officially been tweaked!

 
One small step accomplished! I plan to continue tweaking the fireplace area along with a few other updates that I am working on. I will keep you posted along the way (or whenever I can carve out a spare second to type up a post)! Thank you for always coming back for more! How are you decorating for the fall season? Anyone tackling some Pinterest projects? Do tell!

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...