Thursday, October 24, 2013

Entryway Reveal

 

I know that I promised to show you what has been going on in our living room and I will get to that very soon. I just couldn't wait any longer to show you the entryway. I hosted a baby shower for my friend, Kelly, this past weekend and that was the kick in the pants that I needed to do something in  this space. If twenty-some people were going to "enter" our house, then I wanted to be sure that our house was making a good first impression.

Let me remind you what the entryway looked like before. It was struggling for sure between the randomly placed art and furniture to the unfinished door.



And here is our entryway now!!!


I had been on the hunt for the perfect table for this space. After browsing tons of thrift shops and coming up empty-handed, I decided to look for something new. What is the next best thing to shopping at a Target store? It is shopping with my Target app! I found this industrial style table from the Too by Blu Dot collection and I was smitten. It is a perfectly slim table that fits just right. I love the simplicity of its clean lines. It was added to my cart before I could say free shipping.
   
                

I also stumbled across this pouf on clearance from the Threshold line -- in my virtual cart it went.
The rug was an amazing Home Goods find! I love the stripes and the awesome texture that it adds to the space!

All the other pieces that I used to style this area I already owned or I DIYed including the Sharpied pumpkin, the book page mirror that used to be in the bathroom of our old house, and the bowl that I made from a globe. If you remember, I used the other half of the globe for Will's light. To turn this half into a bowl I spray painted the inside gold and found a mini cake stand (that I flipped upside down) to place it on.

                                       
 

 
Candles, a bamboo plant, and a couple of books finished it off!

Oh, and doesn't the door look awesome? My amazing Dad painted it for us one day while we were at work. It looks so much better than the ugly, untouched door that we've been living with for months.

And that's our entryway in a nutshell! Here's a quick side-by-side before and after for ya. It feels so good to have another area in our new house feeling a little more like home
   

.
 
 
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...