Wednesday, September 12, 2012

DIY Chalkboards

I came up with this idea while my students were sharing their hopes for Kindergarten last week. One of my students mentioned that she was hoping to be able to use the chalkboard this year. I was actually a little surprised. Since I have a white board, I haven't actually used my chalkboards in years for anything other than display space. At the same time, I thought that giving the students access to chalk and the chalkboard would be a great writing station activity. Then, I thought it would be even better to give the students access to their own personal chalkboards. I've had these blue magnet boards for awhile. I do like them for when the students are working with magnetic letters; however, I had more than I would ever actually use for that.
 
 
I gave some of them a good coat of chalkboard paint. I didn't even prime them (I was lazy so hopefully I don't regret it) and the paint went on really well and dried very quickly.
 
 
I can't wait to introduce these to the students. I think they are going to love writing on them. Plus, I decided to keep one at home for Audrey to use. Check out how I made it  into a sign that she held when I took her picture as she headed off to school last week.
 
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...