Monday, September 17, 2012

Give Dad a Hand

Today is Aaron's 31st birthday. I can't believe it! This means that I will be turning 30 in the near future. Sigh. We were just teenagers in high school when we met and it's so weird to think about how much time has passed. But, enough with the nostalgia. Let's talk about what this post is really about.

I wanted the kids to give their daddy something personal as a gift this year. I've seen the baseball handprint idea floating around Pinterest and thought it was super cute. Aaron loves his sports so I thought this would be a sweet gift for him from the kids.

We gathered our supplies...

 
Since Audrey's hand is bigger, we decided she would paint her handprint on a football.

 
 

She chose to write I love you daddy (I helped) and she signed her name. I also added the date.

Then we did Will's handprint on the baseball. That was an experience! He and I had paint everywhere at that point and picture taking just wasn't happening. On the baseball I wrote...

Dear daddy, I can't wait to play ball with you. I added his name and date, also.

All finished! I love them. I want to track down some of those display cases to put them in. We can put them in our basement down the road, which will sure to be covered in sports decor if my husband has anything to do with it. Happy birthday to the best daddy and husband in the world!


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...