Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Drywall...woohoo!

This whole building a house thing has been quite an experience and I am so, so ready for it to all be done. We are inching forward with the installation of drywall that took place last week. It definitely looks like a whole different place now that we can't see through the walls. So, here are some pictures of a few of our rooms now that they have literally taken shape...


This is the view from the front door into our living room.
 
Another look at the living room. This time of the fireplace and the beginnings of our built-in shelves.
Now, here is the view from the living room. We are obviously looking at the entryway and that is the dining room to the left.
 
Another look at the dining room.
Here is the kitchen. The little room to the left is our pantry and we are also looking at the island. The doorway leads to the hallway and into the dining room.
This is the view from the kitchen. I have a feeling this will be my favorite part of the house. I love the vaulted ceilings!
Same room but now we're looking to the right where we have a dining nook and the door that will lead to a patio and the backyard.
And, this is what it looks like to the left. More windows and the doorway that leads to the living room.
This is our master bedroom with a view of the backyard. Do you think that maybe I like windows? I am in love with how much natural light we get in the house.
Here is the master bath! A jetted tub is under the window. Yes, I know I'm going to need some good blinds there! Haha! To the left is the shower and to the right is a small room for the toilet. Can I tell you how excited I am to have a separate room for the toilet? Ahh, the little things.

Finally, here are the stairs to our basement. I love the huge wall and can't wait to cover it with art and pictures!

Stairs, again.

 There you have it! Thanks for checking out our construction site. I'll hopefully be back soon to give you a sneak peak of our wall colors, hard flooring, and how the exterior is shaping up. I am thankful that Thanksgiving Break is upon us. I have lots of projects that I'm hoping to accomplish while I'm off work so hopefully it will be a productive and relaxing break. Is that possible? Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...