Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Honest Tuesday



 
If this isn't an indication of what my life has been like lately, then I don't know what is. Yes, that is baby formula that I scooped into my coffee maker. Apparently, I really needed that coffee that I was trying to make. So, I have no DIY projects to share today, no house updates, no classroom ideas, nada. This post is simply me laying it all out there because, to be completely honest with you, there isn't time for anything else right now.
 
I have been following the blog, Housetweaking for quite some time now. I love reading Dana's Honest Mondays posts and this post she wrote last month really got my attention. She has helped me keep everything in perspective when it comes to this blogging thing. When I started this blog back in May, I was still on maternity leave with Will. Audrey was in school in the mornings and let's be honest, Will slept most of the day. I found myself going a little stir-crazy and once I realized I could recite HGTV's morning lineup for the entire  week, I knew a needed a "project". That is when I decided to enter the blogging world. It was something that I wanted to do for myself.  I thought it would be fun to document our home being built but also because I was in serious need of a creative outlet. And can I just say that I have been loving it!
 
With that said, I never want my blog to be just one more thing on my to-do list. I never want it to feel like a job. And, I never want to feel like I have to "invent" a project simply because I need something to blog about.  Well, it's Tuesday and I have nothing for ya but this simple truth...sometimes being a mom, a wife, and a teacher gets in the way of being a productive blogger and I'm okay with that. So, I'll be back when I'm no longer doing crazy things (like trying to brew formula) and I actually have time to share something that I'm excited about.
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...