Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Hello Kitty Pajama Party

I missed my usual post yesterday because I've been busy preparing for my little girl's 5th birthday! I can't believe she's going to be five. For some reason this year seems like a huge milestone compared to other years. It literally seems like yesterday that we brought this adorable little baby home. She has grown so much and we love her more than words can say. I'm in awe everyday of how amazing and smart she is and how lucky we are to have our Audrey. ( I need to stop before I start crying.)

 
To celebrate the special occasion we will be having a Hello Kitty Pajama Party (her choice, of course). This is very fitting because my daughter loves to wear her pjs. Usually it's the first thing that she puts on when she gets home from school. She is definitely a girl after my own heart. So, my challenge was to merge these two ideas into one unforgettable celebration.
 
Here is a sneak peak of some of the things that I have planned...
 
Get Kittyfied
 
Audrey and her guests will adorn themselves with Hello Kitty headbands and tattoos and will have their picture taken behind a large, empty frame. For the boys, I have created tiger headbands. These were so simple and inexpensive to make. I simply followed this tutorial from Sunny by Design. 
 
A little tracing...
 
 

 
Cutting...
 

 
Gluing...
 
 
 And voila! Cute, huh?
 

 
 
 
Bedtime Stories 
 
What's a pajama party without a bedtime story? Each child will snuggle up with their very own blanket to listen to a story. Then, they will get to pick a book from a basket to enjoy at home. Of course, I had to find some Hello Kitty books. I threw in a few other titles, also, that I thought the boys would like or just in case the girls weren't feeling the Hello Kitty ones. 
 
 
 
The blankets were super easy to make, as well. My original plan was to get some fleece at the fabric store but I struggled to find any that was less than $6 a yard. I was not willing to spend that much. Then, I just so happened to stumble upon these blankets at Ikea.
 
 
 
They were perfect and the price was right at $4.00 each. They were big enough that I was able to cut them in half. I loved the idea of personalizing them with each child's inital. Here are the steps that I followed based on this tutorial from A Small Snippet.
 
 
I printed out each child's initial, cut them out, and pinned them to white felt.
 

 
I cut, again, and then used iron-on adhesive to make them stick to the blankets. You iron it to the letter first, peel off the paper, and iron it to the blanket.
 
 
 
Here are the finished products all set and ready to go.
 

 

 
This is what I have done, so far! I will back to share more later this week. Have a wonderful Wednesday!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...