Thursday, December 27, 2012

DIY Instagram Canvas

Is there a way to buy canvases in bulk? I feel like I am constantly buying them for one thing or another. For Christmas this year, I included them with some paints and oil pastels as gifts. I, also, used them for a couple of DIY projects. The project that I'm sharing today was for my daughter, Audrey. How sweet is it that one of the things on her Christmas list was a picture of her and her baby brother? I have been in love with this Instagram photo that I took of them in the hospital when Audrey first held Will so I decided it was the perfect choice for Will's gift to her.


I had an 8x8 print of the photo made using my Postal Pix app on my iPhone. I also purchased an 8x8 canvas. I used charcoal craft paint to paint the edges of the canvas. I then trimmed the photo a bit because it had a white border and I liked the look of it without.


I used matte Mod Podge to attach the photo and I put a coat on top to seal it. I was nervous about putting Mod Podge on a glossy photo but it turned out fine. I often wonder, though, if a spray sealer would give me a better result. I might have to try that out some time. Audrey loves her picture and it was an easy and inexpensive way to create a photo canvas. She is so excited to proudly display it in her bedroom. She is an amazing big sister and this photo truly captures how much she loves her little brother.
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...