Saturday, December 29, 2012

Lighting Roundup

If you have been a reader since last summer, you may be familiar with my mission to find stylish lighting fixtures for the new home we're building. You can read more about it here. It has been incredibily difficult to choose items for our entire house. I just hate making decisions and this involved a lot of decision making. At first, I was very hung up on keeping everything in the same color family, such as, brushed nickel. Then, I decided that if I loved something I needed to just go with it. Sometimes what I loved was oil rubbed bronze or other darker metal so you will notice a mixture of those two colors. The overall look seems to be a good mix of industrial modern with some vintage glam mixed in. So, here is everything and my price breakdown. The builder gave us a $2500 allowance for all of our fixtures so let's see how I did!
 
Lighting Finds
polyvore.com

 
1. Ikea Kristaller Chandelier - $40 - powder room
2. Antique Copper Lantern - $150 - above the basement stairs
3. West Elm Capiz Pendant - $110 (on sale) - master bedroom
4. Ikea globe light - $10 - pantry and kid's bathroom (2)
5. DIY inspiration for nursery from Etsy
6.Crystorama Solaris Chandelier - $208 (coupon) - foyer
7. Ikea Pendant (no longer online) - $10 - kid's bedroom hallways (2)
8. Urban Outfitters Honeycomb Pendant - $65 (on sale) - breakfast nook?
9. Ikea Melodi Pendant - $10 - master bathroom toilet room
10. West Elm Mercury Glass Pendant - $80 (on sale) - kitchen island (2) and master bedroom (1)
11. Ikea Pult Ceiling Light - $10 - closets (4) and laundry room (1)
12. Nuvo Vanity Light - $60 - master bathroom (2)
13. Wrought Iron Crystal Chandelier - $150 - dining room
14. Otis Designs Vanity Light - $130 - kid's bathroom
15. Ikea Maskros Pendant - $40 - girl's bedroom
 
And, my grand total is... $1,353! Yay! It's always nice to be under budget. Grant it I still have some exterior lights to purchase and some bulbs and other accessories will come out of our allowance but overall my mission was successfully accomplished! I can't believe that I've been talking about this since last summer. I think this house can go ahead and get done already!
 
If I haven't mentioned this yet, I love, love, love to read your comments and suggestions. Feel free to share your thoughts anytime. Thank you, as always, for reading!
 


 
 
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...