Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Secret Santa Gift Ideas

**I know I promised to share a few more details of Audrey's Hello Kitty birthday party that took place over the weekend. Unfortunately, I don't have access to all my pics right now so I'll have to keep you in suspense for a couple more days.**

Until then, allow me to share my gift ideas for our annual Secret Santa gift exchange that we do at school. It is always so much fun and this year has been no exception. We exchange three small gifts and  one larger gift on the last day. The idea is to keep the smaller gifts under $5.00, which isn't always easy. So, I thought I'd share what I came up with this year just in case you're in need of some inexpensive ideas for a friend, a co-worker, babysitter, volunteer, teacher, bus driver, or anyone else on your shopping list.

I began Secret Santa week by giving this lantern from Ikea filled with red tea lights. It has such a festive feel to it but it can definitely be used throughout the year.

ROTERA Lantern for tealight IKEA Suitable for both indoor and outdoor use.
My next gift was a cute glass magnet set that I found at Home Goods and I wrapped in a holiday hand towel. I didn't snap a picture of them but they looked something like this. I know I would love to hang them on my fridge!
 
glass pebble magnets
 
For my third gift, I decided to get my craft on. I happen to be a little obsessed with making coaster sets. They are soooo easy to make and they turn out really cute. In the past, I've made them for Audrey's teachers and as hostess gifts. I found the tiles for about 20 cents a piece at our local Habitat for Humanity Restore. Then, I just purchased some scrapbook paper and used Mod Podge to adhere the paper to the tiles. I added some felt pads to the back to give it a finished feel and tied them together with a bow.
 
 
Last but not least, I found this adorable dragon tree and pot from Ikea (my go-to spot for fun gifts for sure). My person indicated that she has a thing for dachshunds so I decided to personalize the pot a little by adding a  dachshund silhouette. I simply printed off a picture from Google Images and mod podged it on. I rounded it off with a gift card to TJ Maxx because who doesn't love to shop at TJ Maxx?  
 
 
 
And, there you have it! A few inexpensive gift ideas that you still have time to give. Now to figure out what to get everybody else on my shopping list this year. Happy gifting!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...