Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Sew Fun



 
What is your favorite thing to do on a snowy day? Is it curling up with a good book? Sipping on a latte or hot cup of tea? Getting outside for some wintry fun? Or, all of the above?
 
My students are enjoying the winter months curling up under our counter for a little sewing. It always amazes me how the simplest things can have such a huge impact with my Kindergartners. I introduced this activity in our art station a couple of weeks ago and it has become a fast favorite. The students cut a piece of yarn, string it through a plastic needle, and get their sew on using a plastic mesh canvas. You can see some of their handiwork below.
 

 
My daughter, Audrey, also has her own little sewing nook at our house. I love watching her work evolve over time with each little stitch that she makes.
 
 



If all goes well, I'll be dusting off the old sewing machine myself this week and will be back to share the details. Is it wrong of me to wish for snow day? 
 
 
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...