Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Yellow and Gray Baby Shower

 
 
My sweet friend and colleague at school is expecting her first baby next month. This past week our Kindergarten team threw her a baby shower. It was so much fun to plan and I thought I'd share a few of the adorable details that our fabulous team came up with. Alyssa is using yellow and gray in her nursery so we decided to also use that as a color scheme for her shower. Let's take a look shall we...

These centerpieces were by far one of my favorite things and we were able to make them so easily. The yellow chevron paper is simply wrapping paper that we scored at TJ Maxx. We then put a piece of scrapbook paper around a mason jar with a wire bow. You can see the wire better in the above picture. We gathered some twigs (I'm obsessed with decorating with twigs) and put them into the jars. Here are a few shots of the centerpieces. I just couldn't stop taking pictures! I was using my phone so I'm sorry they are a little blurry.


 
 
The papers around the jars were a little game that we had available to play.We asked the guests to list songs that had the word, BABY!
 
 
We also decorated with this cute banner that we made out of scrapbook paper and hung with twine. I know it's hard to see but look at those adorable little footprints!!!
 
 
We wanted the guests to get a little crafty by decorating onsies for Alyssa's little bundle of joy. We hung varying sizes on a clothesline. We provided fabric scraps, paper templates, and iron-on "Wonder Under" to iron the fabric to the onsies. I wish I would have taken pictures of the finished products. They turned out super cute!
 
 
 
 
Finally, we made this advice book out of paint chips. We simply punched a hole in the deck and put a metal ring through it. We embellished the front with scrapbook paper and a title. We had everyone write Alyssa  and  her husband a message or advice as they become new parents.
 
 
 
I love working with such creative and wonderful people. It was a great shower. Congratulations, Alyssa and Andy! Can't wait to meet your little guy! 

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...