Friday, March 22, 2013

A Life in Lists

Well, hello there. It's been awhile, hasn't it? I'm sorry I haven't been around, lately. Sometimes blogging must take a backseat so that I can successfully  wear my other 10,000 hats. I also think that my posts are feeling a bit disjointed. Part of that is because I'm stuck in limbo waiting for our house to be done. Once we move in and I can start making it a home, I'll have a plethora of things to share. Right now, well, not so much. For all of you who are sticking around despite all of that. Thank you! I love you for it!

To remedy my, "It's 10:00 PM on Monday night and I have no idea what to post tomorrow problem that I've been having," I've decided I need to start keeping a to-do list of projects or tasks I want to accomplish that will also be share-worthy over here on Inspired Adventures. I mean this is a no-brainer, right? I make to-do lists for every other aspect of my life so why wouldn't I have one for blogging?

Last weekend, I began the monotonous task of going through some of our things to prepare for the move. My goal is to shed anything that we absolutely don't need so that we are beginning fresh in the new place. I am also boxing up anything that we can do without until we move. Check out my wall of boxes!



There are about a half-dozen bags in my car, too, ready to be donated. It's like I'm nesting all over again. Getting just a little taste of this feels so good and has motivated me to keep moving forward. In addition to this project, here are a few other things I hope to accomplish in the upcoming weeks...

  • Despite the wonders it is doing for my kitchen, find a place to store my wall of boxes. It is a safety hazard, after all, with a baby crawling around.
  • Update our kitchen table
  • Find new chairs for the kitchen table or redo our old ones (ignore or sand away the teeth marks left by dogs)
  • Make a dining room table (yes, I said make)
  • Go thrifting, yard-sailing, or Craigslisting for: (don't you love when a list has a list?)
    • 6-8 dining room chairs
    • entryway table
    • frames
    • mirrors
    • birdcages for Audrey
    • mid-century dresser for our bedroom
    • desk or vanity for Audrey
  • Take Will's 1-year pictures and Audrey's 5-year pictures (pretend I'm not 4 months late on that)
  • Get started on the daunting task of covering our walls of windows in the new place
  • Plan Will's 1st birthday party (this could have a list, too, but I won't do that to you)
  • Redo a tray that I've had on the back burner for awhile now
  • Get crafty for Easter
I think that's enough for now. This should keep me quite busy for a little while. Good thing I have Spring Break coming up in a week. Let's do this!

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...