Thursday, March 14, 2013

Coffee Stop

425936_371072122905719_222848194394780_1588029_1814445836_n
Image via www.truewestcoffee.com

There are few things that I love to do more than to  kickback at a local coffee shop and enjoy a warm vanilla latte. Even better is when I get to do that while amongst friends and good conversation (especially the adult variety since I'm around five and six-year-olds all day long). Last night, I was able to do just that with a few of my wonderful Ohio Writing Project colleagues. I received my Masters degree in teaching through this amazing program. Follow the link and check it out! A small group of us OWPers headed to one of my favorite spots for a chance to reconnect and chat about all things teaching, writing, reading, and whatever else happened to be on our minds.

This latest coffee stop took place at True West Coffee. I adore this place and fell deeply in love with it the first time I ever stepped into its fun and colorful atmosphere. I find myself being inspired by every little detail that the owners put into decorating this hip little place. I thought I would share a few snippets of why I love it and why I smile every time I'm here!

Let's start with the fireplace mantel. I love owls and so do the owners. These amazing little owl figurines are all over the place. I love the way the orange mirror pops against the turquoise wall and I love the crafty little garland.

 
Adjacent to the fireplace is this yellow, leather sofa. How fun is this! I wish I could have gotten a better shot but the space was tight. It's obvious that it is totally vintage and totally uhhh-mazing!
 
 
To the right of the counter is this cute little end table made from license plates. So unique!
 
 
I can never visit without checking out the gift section. I especially love these handmade necklaces. They are made from recycled cardboard. Really? How'd they do that?
 
 
Let's now head into the dining area. Here are just a few things that were catching my eye.
 
 
 
 
Isn't that gallery wall super  cute? So much of the artwork is handmade by local artists. A few pieces are even for sale.
 
Let's head upstairs, shall we? Oh, wait. Are those painted stair risers that I see?
 
 
If  you think the steps are cool, wait until you see what is at the top of the stairway. Yes, those are stenciled, teal wooden floors! I must do this in my new house...somehow!!! I have some ideas abrewing.
 
 
Here is the view from the second floor. Such cute little stars. Wouldn't those be fun in a kid's space?

 
 
This orange desk is super cute, too! I love that the owners share my weakness for old, yet, freshly painted furniture.
 
 
I leave you now with this little guy dreaming of what lies beyond the glass. If I were him, though, I'd be thankful that I live in such a fun and inspiring space!
 
 
 
 
 
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...