Wednesday, March 27, 2013

"Bear"ied Treasure

I must warn you now. If you happen to be a fan of Boyd's Bears this post may be extremely disturbing to you; however, if the harming of a few bears doesn't bother you than please keep reading.

 
 
I have had this tray stashed away for years now. I received it as a Christmas present and as adorable as it is, it never really felt like me. So, it has been buried at the bottom of my hutch hoping that one day somebody will love it enough to display it proudly.
 
As I was going through our things in preparation for our impending move; I needed to make a decision about this tray. Keep? Toss? Donate? But wait, I thought of another option -- give it new life!
 
I decided a glossy white tray would be super chic in our new place. I primed it with some Zinsser spray primer and then applied a few coats of Rustoleum white gloss spray paint. Yes, I sprayed right over  those sweet bears. I felt a little guilty as I covered those dear little faces once and for all.  

 
As you can probably tell, the bears were printed on six different 6x6 square tiles. To give the tray a whole new look, I decided to cover the tiles with scrapbook paper. I headed to Hobby Lobby to see what I could find. I knew I wanted a pop of color and a fun pattern. I decided on this turquoise chevron look.
 
 
I like it but I don't know if I love it. It was a little tricky to get the pattern to line up.
 
 
 
It will hopefully be perfect once I find a home for it in the new place. The great thing about scrapbook paper, though, is that i can always change it up if I feel the need.
 
 
 
So, what do you think?
Completely disturbing or completely brilliant?
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...