Tuesday, March 12, 2013

What's for Dinner?

This is a question that I seem to be asking myself all of the time. Preparing dinner really isn't my thing. I can bake desserts all day long but when it comes to cooking a meal, I often find myself feeling a little uninspired. With that said, there are those recipes that I always rely on when I need a quick and nutritious meal for my family. Today I am going to share one such recipe. This is a delicious chicken and zucchini soup. I got this recipe from my mother-in-law several years ago and it never disappoints. Instead of keeping this little gem to myself, I thought I would share it in case you, too, are asking yourself "What's for dinner, tonight?"

To begin I cut up about 3 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts. I saute the chicken with red onions and garlic in olive oil on medium heat until the chicken is cooked thoroughly. I also add a little pepper for taste.

 
While that is cooking, I chop up three medium zucchinis and add them to the mix.
 

 
Once the zucchini is mostly tender, I add four cans of Italian tomatoes.
 
 
It's a little chunky at this point, so I take a slotted spoon to mash the tomatoes a bit and stir it all together. Doing this gives it a consistency that we're happy with but you could also add a little water if you'd like. Simmer on medium-low heat for about 15 minutes.
 
 
And, that's it! It is so easy, so quick, and delicious. It is also packed full of healthy goodness and leaves you feeling full and satisfied. I love to serve it up with some fresh multigrain french bread. Yum!
 
 
Do you have any go-to dinner recipes that you love. I'm always on the lookout for new ideas.
 
Happy cooking!
 
 
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...