Thursday, July 18, 2013

DIY Pencil Art

I don't know about you but I love art supplies. So much, in fact, that I decided to frame a set of colored pencils for our playroom. These colored pencils aren't your run of the mill variety, however. I found these cool tree branch pencils awhile back at TJ Maxx.

 
They were just so me and I couldn't pass them up. Then, I realized that they really aren't functional at all because, ummm, how do you sharpen them? I mean I guess I could take out a knife and whittle away but, yeah right, that's not happening. So, they've been looking pretty on our windowsill but now that Will is tall enough to reach the windowsill I needed a plan B. So, here's what my crazy brain dreamed up.

I gathered a frame that I had on hand, a roll of fun chevron gift wrap, and my glue gun.



I used the paper inside of the frame as a template to trace the gift wrap and I cut it out.

 
Then, I just started gluing and placing the pencils right onto the paper.

 
 Once they were all down and dry, I put the whole thing back into the frame and I had a brand new piece of art to hang on in our playroom.

 
I haven't actually hung it, yet, because I'm hoping to create a gallery of several pieces. In fact, Audrey and Will are both working on their contributions to the space. Slowly but surely, the playroom will get done and I can't wait to give you a full on reveal when that day happens. Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...