Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Stenciled Table & A Look at the Powder Room

Way back when the building process was still in the very beginning stages, I thought I would get a jump start on some projects for our new home. One such project was my little oak table redo. Let me remind you what it looked like untouched and after I got my DIY hands on it.

Before...

`
 
 
After...

 
It turns out that after a whole year went by I wasn't really feeling the look of the table anymore. I can definitely tell you that my style has evolved in the past year. It's actually kind of hilarious to read the original post (linked above) and think about how much my thinking has changed. The idea of using this in the powder room remained the same but I decided it was time to bust out my scraper and get rid of that scrapbook paper. Once I did that I realized that it really needed a fresh coat of paint. I stuck with white but for an extra little something I decided to stencil the top with gold dots. My stencil isn't very big, as you can see, so I did one side at a time.


 
 
I covered all of the areas that I didn't want the gold paint to get on. And, yes, I used my West Elm catalogue. I was tired of looking and longing for all their amazing things that I can't have.
 
 
 

I can't remember the brand of paint that I used but I did use a metallic gold spray paint. It would have been easier to just use some craft paint and brush it on but I didn't have any on hand. I tend to work harder and not smarter. Oh, well! Here is the final result all styled and looking pretty in our powder room. It looks a little more sophisticated now, don't you think?

 
 

 
 
I styled her with a ceramic owl that I found in the clearance section of TJ Maxx, an Island Mango candle from Target, and a thrift store wooden bowl on top.
 


Underneath, I filled this metal tin that I picked up at Hobby Lobby with magazines and TP.
 
 
 
It's feeling quite at home in the corner of our little bathroom.

 

 
Here's a quick view of the other side of the room. There isn't too much going on in here, as you can see. Of course, the walls are in need of something but I also have a plan for making that builder grade mirror look a little more chic.


 
Glad you stopped by! Did you notice something different about the blog today? I did a little revamp by adding categories at the top and doing a couple of other updates. Hopefully, it helps you find things you're looking for a little easier. Happy browsing!

  
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...