Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Pattern Play in the Master Bathroom

Shopping for our new home has been like a second job for me over the past several weeks. That's okay, though, because I do love to shop! For the master bathroom, I just started picking things up here and there when I was out and about that I thought would work well. Let's take a quick peek, shall we...




We are really liking the paint color. It's Watery by Sherwin Williams and it definitely gives that calm, serene feeling that a bathroom should have. For that reason, I didn't want to bring in anything too brightly colored in the way of accessories. I decided to just decorate with neutrals. Somewhere along the line I learned the important lesson about mixing neutrals. All neutrals can go together. So, I decided to use brown and gray for this room and to add in some interest with pattern.

One of the first things that I did was make this curtain. I love the window but we needed some privacy. I decided to make it a cafe curtain so that the light could still come in while also giving us the privacy we needed in here. I'll show you how I went about making this no-sew curtain in another post.

 


 
 
His and her vanities also called for some his and her hand towels. My floral one is from Home Goods and Aaron's chevron towel came from TJ Maxx.
 
 


 
Also, for my side, I added this gray and white striped stool.

 
We needed a clothes hamper in here and I had to have this fun basket from Home Goods. If you can't tell, it has a white and gray stripe going through it.
 
 


Now for some brown...
 
I picked up this chevron rug at Home Goods (can you figure out my favorite places to shop for home decor?). It sits in front of the bathtub. I found some super cute Nate Berkus towels at Target for the tub area, too.
 

 
I added the little pillow and a candle to this space, as well. Don't you just love the pillow? My friend Jenn gave it to me when I had Audrey and I thought this was the perfect spot for it. I've only been in time-out a couple of times since we moved in but I'm hoping to go back very soon. : )

 
 
Now, for fun, let's take a closer look at all the patterns going on in this room.
 
 
 
I love that everything isn't the same and matchy-matchy but that everything still goes together because of the neutral colors. What do you think?
 
 
As with pretty much every room in my house, I still want to add some things to the walls in here. And, I'm working on a place to store my jewelry by my vanity so consider that to be "coming soon".
 
Thanks for stopping by. If all goes well, I will be back tomorrow with some fun summer recipes and a kid's craft for the 4th of July. Yeah for summer! 

 

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...