Thursday, July 11, 2013

Our Living Room


Welcome to our living room reveal work in progress. This room is no where near being done but it is slowly coming together and I thought it was looking living room-ish enough to show it to you. As you can see, we've mounted our TV on the wall and I added some accessories to the mantle. I will share more on that in an upcoming post. We've also hung curtains and purchased a handful of larger items for this space. So, here we go! I'm putting a full resource list at the bottom in case you're wondering where we got what.
 




If the chair and pillow are looking familiar it's because we have the exact same look going on in our playroom. Both the chairs and pillows came in a set of two so I just decided to find a place for both of them. The basket that we're using as a little side table was my Grandma MaryLou's. I love having pieces of family history in our home.


Opposite the chair is our incredibly comfy couch. Seriously, this bad boy is dangerous. If I sit here for more than 20 minutes (which never happens when Will is up and about) I am out like a light. I went back and forth for a very long time on whether or not to purchase this without seeing it in person. It is by Ashley Furniture but nobody had it in stock in our area. Even the first day it arrived I wasn't too sure about it. The fabric color and texture wasn't what I expected and for half a second I considered sending it back. Fast forward two months and I'm so glad that I didn't. In addition to the comfort level, the color actually ties in really well with everything else in the room.



 
I swapped out the matchy, matchy pillows that it came with for these. I am still looking for a couple more to add. What can I say? I love pillows! They are such an easy way to bring in color and pattern. Oh, and do you like my little tray?


 
 
This was a $5 thrift store find that I couldn't pass up. It may have had a very close encounter with a spray paint can the other day but I hesitated. I decided that I may just like it, as is. It's warm and distressed but not because someone took some sandpaper to it but because it's old and is showing its age. There is something about that, that I really love. What do you think? Update or leave as-is? I don't foresee it being on the couch for long. We want to get a large storage ottoman and I see it going on top of it. In the meantime, though, it has been the perfect spot for my laptop while I write my posts!


 

Here is the full view of the room from our entryway. I know the picture is dark but I was loving the way the late, afternoon light was coming in and showing off our rug.  We are loving it, by the way. I also like the look of our new curtains but I am hating the way we hung them. I am going to get longer rods so that the curtains can be pulled completely off to the side of windows. Why have them if they are always going to be covered up, right? Don't worry, I'm sure I'll show you when we get around to doing it.
 
 
I am still looking for a budget-friendly navy chair like the one in my original mood board  along with several other accents.
Living Room Take 2
Aaron is  in the process of building shelves for the nooks next to the fireplace. You may have noticed in one of the above pictures that he has one shelf done. Yay! Maybe we'll have another one by the end of the weekend. Although it is a work in progress, we love relaxing in this space. Especially since all four of us can fit on our couch at the same time quite perfectly.
 
So, what's next? Well, I want to show you the entire playroom very soon and I just ordered a rug for our library space. I am so excited to start on that room! Oh, and here is where we got everything just in case you care...
 
 
Gray sectional - Ashley Furniture
Black armchair (link shows white) - Overstock
Area Rug - Rug Studio
Turquoise chevron pillow cover - Hobby Lobby
Small pillow (on black chair) - HomeGoods
Other pieces either thrifted or handed down.
 
* I'll share the details of the mantle items soon!
 

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...