Wednesday, July 17, 2013

We Have Art on the Walls People!


Aside from the art gallery in the playroom, our walls have been completely bare. Well, that all changed when I finally took the plunge and hung our wedding song canvas last week. It had only been on the floor, leaning up against the wall in the spot that I wanted it for like three weeks so it was really about time that it made a vertical move.



This is a DIY piece that I made for Aaron awhile back. You can read about how I made it here. I decided to put it at the end of the hallway and right outside our bedroom door. I don't know why I was dreading hanging it because it was so quick and painless. I used a little trick that I think I picked up from watching Sabrina Soto on The High Low Project. I gathered my necessary supplies which consisted of painter's tape, my go-to frame hooks, and a level (didn't think about the level until after I took this picture).

 
This canvas is hung by two sawtooth hangers -- one on each side. I always struggle to hang pieces like this and they usually always end up uneven. This little trick, however, is completely life-changing (at least for me). I started by turning the canvas over and putting a strip of tape over the sawtooth hangers. I made a mark on the tape where I wanted my hooks (or nails) to go.


 
My next step was to pull the tape off of the canvas and position it on the wall exactly where I wanted it to hang. I also took a second to make sure that the tape was level all the way across.
 




 
 
 

 
After that, I put the hooks into the wall on the marks that I made earlier on the tape. I peeled the tape off of the wall and hung our canvas. And, that was all she wrote people. How easy was that?
 
 
 
I even used my level just to double-check that I got it right. Looks pretty center to me. So, now we have made one very small step to making this place more homey and I have lost that feeling of dread that comes with hanging stuff on the walls. That's a good day in my book!
 
 
 
So, is anyone else gettin' stuff up on their walls? Any special tools that you use to help?
 
Also, did anyone else sign up for this Apartment Therapy Style Cure? I was definitely intrigued so I thought I would see what it was all about. My goal for the rest of week -- more stuff on the walls and checking out some new places to shop for vintage furniture. Local peeps, where are your favorite places to go?

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...