Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Let's Get This Party Started

I am so excited to have started a new project around here! This time, I am focusing my full attention on Audrey's bedroom. I have definitely been putting this off for awhile so it's about time that I got down to business in there. Fortunately, Audrey hasn't noticed one bit. I mean it's not like she's been asking me why I haven't decorated her room yet. She loves her room, regardless, but my goal is to make it a comfy, personal space that my sweet six-year-old will fall in love with.

Before any decorating could happen, though, I needed to get things organized. It is cuh-razy how much stuff this girl has and even crazier is how quickly it becomes a disorganized mess. I am really doing my best to help her understand that everything has a place and that each night before bed everything should be put back where it came from. Easier said than done, though. Let's take a moment to check out some before pictures to remind you of the lay of the land. It didn't look horrible or anything but we hadn't given much thought to anything in here. We just hung some curtains, threw some things into storage bins, and set up her furniture. I've talked about Audrey's room on the blog here and here, if you are interested in knowing more.




Our first step, was to purge. We really needed to make some room for Audrey's new things that she got for Christmas. She really struggles to part with things so I was proud of her for getting rid of an entire garbage bag of things and her old vanity that she had clearly outgrown. Once we finished that step, it was time to do a little organizing. It all started in her walk-in closet. We took the Ikea shelf out of her closet and put it in the room, which opened things up. We moved her clothes around so everything is hanging in the back and all of her folded things are in the drawers in her bed (see above photo). We also made a spot for her American Girl doll things to the left where the hamper used to be. There are still plenty of random things on the shelves above but it is definitely improved. It probably doesn't look much different in these pictures but, trust me, it is a change for the better.





This picture shows where we put the Ikea shelf. I would love to eventually change the clear bins out for baskets but I hate to spend them money right now. Oh, and this is definitely a sneak peek of some new bedding. Details on that are coming soon!




We put all of her dress-up stuff in her other closet (girl has it good, don't ya think?)

 
Then, we tackled all of her hair accessories. Check out the mess we were up against.



Audrey helped me sort, purge, and put them into her new organizer.



As I was buying this I had flashbacks to my Caboodle days. Anyone else know what I'm talking about? This bad boy worked out perfectly. Here is everything in its proper place. Ahhh, don't you just love when something is freshly organized?




I loved that it stacks but we decided it would make things easier for each layer to be separated in her drawers in the bathroom. We were storing this stuff in her room which was ridiculous considering she had tons of space in the bathroom vanity. It was a duh moment for sure.



Finally, we placed her headband organizer that I had made her awhile ago on the bathroom counter. I think it looks so cute up there. Click here if you would like to see how I made it.

 
 
So, in the coming weeks you can expect to see a whole lot more of Audrey's room. Later this week, I'll be back to share an awesome vintage desk that we found for her. I can't wait for you to see it!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...