Thursday, January 2, 2014

Saying Goodbye to 2013

Hello, everyone! I hope that you all had an amazing holiday season and I wish you all a very Happy New Year! I really cannot believe that it is already 2014. I feel like the past couple months and the holiday season in general came and went in the blink of an eye. I thought I would stop by to share a few of our special holiday moments with you as we say goodbye to another wonderful year. It was truly a memorable one as we moved into our dream home, started new jobs, and celebrated another year of wonderful milestones with our little ones. We are so thankful for all of it and we are so excited to see all that lies ahead.

I'm definitely doing a little backtracking here. This is compilation of a couple different posts I never got to over break starting with how we decorated for the holidays. We kept the holiday decor rather simple for our first Christmas in the new house. We stuck with our tradition of getting a real tree. I once again lost the debate of white vs. colored lights with Aaron and Audrey. Oh well, maybe next year I will convince them that white is the way to go.


I did, however, make a fun little garland for the mantle out of some white snowflake lights that I found on clearance at Target along with some fabric scraps. I love it so much that it will probably be considered "winter" decor instead of just Christmas decor so I can keep it around for a few more weeks.





A few simple changes to the entryway table helped complete our holiday look. I told you it was simple!


For our gifts this year I used my absolute favorite polka-dot craft paper from Target, some black plaid paper from Marshalls, and red and white chevron from Hobby Lobby. We topped our gifts off this year with either green pom-pom garland, simple strings of yarn,  or giant poms that we made ourselves.



 

Now, sit back, and enjoy some of our favorite pictures of Audrey and Will. They really do make the holidays so exciting. I love the joy they bring to our lives.









 

 
 
 
 
 
Aren't they the sweetest? I know I have to say that but they really are the most amazing people. Doesn't Audrey look so grown up? And, Will has been seriously cracking up with his animated conversations. It was a truly special Christmas and I hope you and your family made just as many wonderful memories.
 
As for the new year, I have a list of goals (dare I say resolutions) a mile long. One of those goals is to rededicate myself to unfinished projects around the house and to the blog, of course. I do love writing and sharing and I want to get back to doing that more consistently. How about you? What are some of your favorite holiday memories? And, what are some of your goals for 2014?
 
 
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...