Tuesday, January 28, 2014

New Bedding and Bedside Table

Several weeks ago, I started playing around with the furniture arrangement in Audrey's room. I decided to take off the headboard that was attached to her bed and pulled it away from the wall. Here is a picture of her bed before.



I wanted her bed to have more of a daybed feel which is one reason I made the decision to nix the headboard. I also felt like it was a massive, space-hogging, clutter-collector that was not functioning for her at all. So with a few turns of the screwdriver off it came and down to the basement it went.



Audrey got some new bedding for her birthday and we picked up a couple of fun throw pillows from Ikea to give her a cozy place to hang out even when she's not sleeping. Her new bedspread was a Target online find. The brighter colors are definitely more Audrey as opposed to her old pastel pink comforter.



As for her bedside table, I just tucked her pink table into the small space beside her bed. But, it just seemed to disappear up against her pink wall. So, a little switcheroo was in order.

 
 
 
I "borrowed" our art cart that used to be in the playroom. Actually, it has been hanging out in the pantry. As much as I love the idea of having an art cart in the playroom, Will just isn't quite ready for it. So, rather than keep the adorable blue Ikea cart hidden away it has now become the perfect bedside table for Audrey. I threw a few books on it along with her clock and a picture of us. It could use a little more "styling" but that will come in time.



As for the pink table, I just put it against the opposite where there used to be a wicker bookshelf. The bookshelf also made the trek to the basement. Now, we need to figure out what to do with all the books that used to be stored there. Isn't it funny how one project always leads to another?

 
 
Her room is definitely slow-moving. I always struggle with the middle. I have everything planned out in my head but I struggle with execution. For one thing, I need to run errands to pick up a few things and I have not been able to force my lazy self to go out in this negative degree weather. Ugh! So, bear with me. It will get done...one of these days.
 
 


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...