Tuesday, August 14, 2012

High Low Find #2

In a previous post, I shared my High Low philosophy inspired by Sabrina Soto. Last time I found the exact same light fixture for half the price.
Well, I have struck gold once again. This time, I was on the prowl for stools to go under our kitchen island. I love mid-century style and industrial metals. I knew that I didn't want wooden stools because my entire kitchen is wood -- floors, cabinets, beams, etc. So, I was browsing houzz.com one day and came across the perfect find. The pricetag, however, was $295 per stool. I want four of them so...around $1200. Really? For stools?
I sighed and kept shopping. Then, I went to Overstock.com looking for lighting fixtures and stumbled across an exact replica of the pricier stool. How much? Oh, just $90 for two of them! That's a savings of over $1000. Unbelievable! Check them out. Can you tell a difference?



I will be purchasing the ones on top. They actually come in a lot different colors, also. I decided I would stick with the silver ones, for now.The best thing about these, though, since they didn't cost an arm and a leg; I can always paint them whatever color I want. I can't wait to see them nestled up against our kitchen island.


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...