Saturday, August 4, 2012

High Low Find #1

I am a little obsessed with Sabrina Soto's show on HGTV called The High Low Project. I really like her style and I am always inspired by her work. On her show, she designs a "dream" room for her clients that costs tens of thousands of dollars. Then, she recreates the same look with the budget her clients can afford -- usually around $3000 - $5000 for an entire room. She's taught me some savy shopping tips and given me some seriously cool DIY ideas to try. As I furnish our new home, I will definitely be implementing my own High Low Project.

I have been using this philosphy when it comes to my lighting choices. Like in this post, I recreated a mason jar pendant for the fraction of the cost.

Today I did a little online shopping and found the perfect lighting fixture for my entryway. Let's do a little test. Can you tell which picture below is the pricier version?




I certainly couldn't tell a difference. They are exactly the same dimensions but the first fixture is from Pottery Barn and costs $300. The one below is from Overstock.com and was $153. Can you guess which one I will be purchasing? Same look -- half the price. I am giddy with excitement!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...