Wednesday, August 15, 2012

House Update

It has been a several weeks since we (by we I mean the excavators) broke ground on our new house. We have witnessed some pretty cool stuff since then and are really enjoying watching it all happen step-by-step. I thought I would share, so here we go...

This is the last picture that I shared where they had begun digging.

                                     

The next step was to frame and pour concrete for the footers. After they were poured and dry, they covered the entire area with gravel.




This was just a cool pic that I took after Audrey said she sees an "M" in the sky. So cute!


I forget exactly what these are called...frames or molds or something. They build these walls and then pour the concrete inside to form the foundation.



And, here is the foundation! I still have a hard time visualizing what it's all going to look like when it's done. I have had a few momentary thoughts of panic that it we won't be exactly what we hope it's going to be. But, I try not to dwell on that for long. How could we not love it? It will be ours! It will be home!




Last but not least, just a quick pic of our future back yard. I can just see us now sitting back in the trees around a fire enjoying a perfect summer night. Can't wait!




Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...