Sunday, July 1, 2012

Chalkboard Love

This past week I've spent time browsing some local thrift shops. Here is my box of goodies that I brought home. I couldn't wait to get my hands on some of these things to give them a new life.


This beauty, however,  needed nothing more than some colorful fresh flowers from the garden. Aren't tinted mason jars so pretty?


And then, there were those pieces that I already had a plan for. Maybe it's the teacher in me but I absolutely love chalkboards. Mainly, I love the idea of having words throughout our home. I have been collecting some chalk paint ideas for awhile and decided to give this idea from a fellow blogger a try and something that I recently saw Sabrina Soto do on The High Low Project (HGTV).

I shall begin with these adorable champagne glasses that I found for 50 cents each. Don't you just love the colored stem? So, how can you make sure you don't get your drink mixed up with someone elses? Write on the glass, of course!



I popped open my can of chalkboard paint and literally started dipping.


I let the excess paint drip off turning the glass as I did so it would drip evenly. Then, I set each glass on wax paper to dry.




Next up was this flower pot (a 75 cent find). I drew a label on it with a black crayon and painted it with the chalk paint.



I did the same thing with a canister set ($12) .


Finally, I just happened to have an empty wine bottle sitting on the counter and gave it a good coat, as well.


Are you excited to see the final product?

Here's the flower pot with some fresh daisies and the wine bottle that Audrey begged me to let her decorate. I must say it is quite the artsy piece.

Here is the canister set filled with flour, sugar, and brown sugar.


Finally, here are the glasses with our initials. Champs anyone?


That's it for now. I may have a couple more chalkboard painting projects up my sleeve that I will save for a later date. There may also be a few more treasures from my thrift store excursions sitting in my garage...my to-do list just keeps on growing!




Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...