Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Bargains and Splurges

Welcome to my second lighting installment. I realize that if you're not picking out lights for an entire home like me this could be a total snoozefest. Nonetheless, if you're doing a remodel or just want to spruce things up a bit; this post might be useful to you. If nothing else, you are in for some excellent eye-candy (I'm talking about the lights here).

In my last lighting post, I explained that I'm trying to get all of the lights for our new house for well below our $2500 budget. So far, I have DIYed a mason jar pendant for $43. My next step, was to head to the best place in the world for hip, yet inexpensive lighting fixtures -- Ikea!


Here is what I purchased....

These are just your run-of-the-mill ceiling lights that I got for our closets. Ten bucks each! I wanted them to give off some decent light and these can take 75W bulbs. I thought that would work for a closet. I purchased four of the flat ones and one of the globes.



This next cutie was on sale for $10, also. I got two of them. One for each of the kids. They each have a little hallway that leads to their bathroom so I thought this fixture would be cute there. I also thought that if I ever wanted to change the color they could be easily spray-painted.
 I have admired this glam light for a very long time and knew it would be mine at some point. It was $40 and is going in our powder room.

Well, those are my bargains. Now, for the splurges. I thought that since I was being thrifty on some lights I could afford to get a few that I just had to have despite the steeper price tag. I did, however, wait for these West Elm fixtures to go on sale for 20% off. I just love them!

I got three of these pendants to go above our kitchen island. Mercury glass! Be still my heart!


Last but not least, I got this beauty. She will either go above our tub in the master bathroom or in the master bedroom. I just can't decide. Maybe I need to get another one.


So, my running total is...$500. The last two purchases put a little dent in the budget but that just means I need to be that much more creative with the rest of my choices.
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...