Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Welcome 2013!

 


I thought I would ring in the new year with you by sharing a project that I did over a month ago. I got a little antsy over Thanksgiving break and decided that I really needed to have a large chalkboard in our kitchen. We have had this wooden cabinet for years and it has served as our pantry. It's worked out pretty well but pretty on the eyes, it is not. I didn't take a proper before picture but here are the doors out on the lawn getting ready to be painted.

 
I think you get the idea...tall cabinet, two doors, five shelves inside. The plan was to paint the entire cabinet but I ran out of light and time over Thanksgiving. And, did you know that it takes forever for paint to dry when it's cold? So, I only managed to paint the doors but it has served the purpose so far.

On the inside, I have a place to write our weekly menu. Can I be honest and tell you this is the first and last menu that I have written on here. I really need to be better about that. Maybe I can add that to my list of New Year's resolutions.

 
Throughout the holiday season we kept a running list of people we were shopping for. Audrey made her own list on the left. Awww!


 
Since I never do a project without thinking about how it will be used in our new  house, I think this cabinet will become storage for our games and puzzles ( I will actually have a proper pantry in the new place. Yay!). It will most likely live in the basement but, who knows, if I actually finish painting her and add some new hardware she might look fab in the kid's playroom.
 
We have definitely been blessed in 2012! A new baby, a new house, the list goes on and on. I wish you and your family an amazing 2013!



Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...